CTP Distributors/Custom Truck Parts
Redcap&Truss acted as exclusive financial advisor to the ownership of CTP Distributors/Custom Truck Parts Inc. (“CTP”) on its sale to Action Car and Truck Accessories (“Action”).
CTP Distributors Inc. is Western Canada’s largest truck accessory retailer. With a 60,000 sq ft main central distribution warehouse, three additional regional distribution warehouses (totalling 50,000 sq ft), five retail stores located in British Columbia and Alberta and an e-commerce store, CTP has been able to offer a very large and diverse selection of truck, jeep and commercial accessories throughout Canada.
Action Car and Truck Accessories is a leading distributor and retailer of automotive aftermarket accessories with 32 stores from Newfoundland to Saskatchewan, two distribution centres with over 100,000 sq ft of combined space and an e-com store with a head office located in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Redcap&Truss acted as the exclusive financial advisor to CTP’s shareholders and facilitated the sale by:
- Analyzing CTP’s financial statements, asset list and its service offering (both historical and future) and developing an initial estimate of sale value
- Developing a sales strategy, creating the marketing plan and identifying and approaching prospective buyers (both strategic buyers and private equity firms)
- Providing CTP’s shareholders with an analysis of the various proposals offered and making recommendations on the pros and cons of each
- Quarterbacking all due diligence and documentation communications required between all the potential buyers, accountants and lawyers involved in the transaction
- Negotiating the final LOI (letter of intent) and PSA (share purchase and sale agreement) with Action
If you are interested in learning more about selling your business, the current market environment or are looking to acquire, please contact us.